Friday, February 6, 2009

Spanish Lessons and Learning the City

My room is small, but comfortable, and the location of the student
house is great. I've met a couple of people so far, but since classes only
start in March, the house is mostly empty.









The view out of my window - I get lots of light! And unsurprisingly,
I'm considering putting some plants on the window ledge.








The streets of the neighborhood - you can see the German influence in this particular house.







I'm talking individual Spanish lessons in the bohemian neighborhood of Bella Vista, at a school founded by a German man 20 years ago. The school features an event almost every day: field trips, hikes, salsa lessons, a very reasonably priced lunch at an area restaurant, evening get-togethers. I've met a bubbly 25 yr old Brazilian girl who lives just a metro stop away from me (about a 20 min walk, at most), and we went out for a walk and a drink last night with her host sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment